headerphoto

The Song Remains the Same

Back to some serious training and serious fund raising... thank goodness I appear to be well again. Still feeling tired at the end of the run but I'm hoping this is just a bit of a blip - send your positive vibes in my general direction, if you would be so kind!
Remarkable weekend at my brother's in Leeds which we spent running, swimming and climbing on the practice wall (and watching a Viking ship burn (felt quite sad about that one)) - photos will follow I just need to download them from my camera.
The associated gurus (you know who you are...) thought that I should set the fundraising target for £1000 and duly that is what I have done; so please, please sponsor me because I can't quite see how I can raise this much! It has to be said though that if I was running 26 and a bit miles round London knowing that I had the potential to raise £1000 for Christian Aid it would make the whole thing seem very much more worthwhile! Currently this is what propels me out of the house in the dark, rain and cold.
Online donations are now up to £142.56 with gift aid (please gift aid it if you're a UK taxpayer) and pledges from staff and students at school are around the £200 mark so it's all looking quite positive at the moment. Fundraising plans at the moment include - cake baking, a raffle, a quiz and some busking. I read recently in a running book that preparing for a marathon is like having a second job I kind of wonder, with the fundraising, whether it's not like having 3 jobs! I'm very grateful to the people who have sponsored me and helped me so far. If you are able to help in any way I would be eternally grateful... I'm signing off now because I've run, showered and eaten my lentils and I must sleep; but I shall return with the photos tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment