headerphoto

Sunday 31st January - I'll see you on the dark side of the moon...

17 miles today over to Milton Keynes adding a bit on to the usual run to get the distance. So, so cold! As Father Grant at All Saints told me this morning, 'it's brass monkeys!'
Have relented over using an MP3 player when running... normally I despise the use of such things as they disconnect you from your body and from the mental, spiritual and physical experience of running, which I feel is a way of moving zen...
Yesterday and today, however, when the temperature has been so cold and the motivation has struggled but the need to get the mileage done has remained just as pressing I decided to cave in!
The problem with my MP3 is that it seems to have malfunctioned and returns to Glen Campbell as a kind of default so I usually get to hear what it's like to be a linesman for the county or a rhinestone cowboy (it's like riding out on a horse in a star spangled rodeo, apparently). Today, though, I decided to tackle it's mischevious ways and downloaded Pink Floyd and the Beatles onto it's complaining circuits (yesterday I ran to King Crimson). Quite a mellow experience running to the guitar solos of Dave Gilmour and the sitar of George Harrison. Just as the route got to Bletchley and the industrial area Davy Graham's 'Angie' flicked itself on and motivated me up Watling Street. It wasn't long though before we were back to being a wichita linesman or remembering how the sea winds were blowing the last time we were in Galveston...
Anyway 17 miles (2 hours 33 minutes), not bad and thanks to Tim and Isla for the boiled eggs and cups of tea - and for being part of team Broomy. These marathons are never a solo event I do need my motivators and supporters (thanks also to Rachel for Facebook motivation!).
Anyway, Watford Half Marathon next Sunday and I'm going to try and beat my half marathon PB...

0 comments:

Post a Comment